Jyeshtha Krushnapaksha Shashthi, Kaliyug Varsha 5115
A man paints a portrait of ailing Nelson Mandela
The Congress party in Gujarat condoles the 'demise' of Nelson Mandela (who is still very much alive) but descends into steely silence about the hundreds dead in Uttarakhand ! – Editor
Ahmedabad (Gujarat ) : Gujarat's Congress Party was left embarrassed after it paid tribute to Nelson Mandela who is undergoing treatment in South Africa for lung infection. Gujarat Congress Party leader Arjun Modhwadia acted hastily and declared that the South African leader is no more.
It appears, the party leaders were influenced by the series of rumours going around on internet. Since late last night, internet is filled with rumours about the death of Mandela.
The world is watching with batted breathes as the anti-apartheid leader battles with death in Pretoria's Mediclinic Heart Hospital.
Nelson Mandela's close family on Tuesday gathered to hear a sombre prayer wishing the anti-apartheid icon a "peaceful, perfect, end" as he lay in hospital in a critical condition with life seemingly slipping away.
Cape Town Archbishop Thabo Makgoba visited Pretoria's Mediclinic Heart Hospital to pray with wife Graca Machel "at this hard time of watching and waiting."
Mandela, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, who spent 27 years behind bars for his struggle under white minority rule and went on to become South Africa's first black president, was admitted on June 8 with a recurrent lung infection.
Source : Bhaskar
- More than 30 youths from Kerala attended IS training camps in Afghanistan : NIA
- Explained: Chinese firecrackers and why they are problematic
- Ceasefire violation : 2-3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing, says Army
- Uri Attack : In posters pasted on Gujaranwala streets, LeT claims responsibility
- Army, Police recover large cache of weapons in Jammu-Kashmir’s Rajouri