- It is good that BJP is acting to preserve the forts of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Since the BJP is in power at the center, the vigilance committee should stick to this formula with the central government and force the archeology department to take steps to conserve forts!
- Archaeological department officials who ignore forts deserve severe punishment! – Editor, HinduJagruti.org
Mumbai : Over the last two years, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s forts are witnessing the (mal)practice of structures belonging to a specific minority being erected illegally. This is an attempt to destroy the sanctity of these forts. To stop this the Bharatiya Janata Party will set up a vigilance committee which will be chaired by MP Ranjit Singh Hindurao Naik Nimbalkar and will be guided by BJP National Secretary Sunil Deodhar. This was announced by Chandrakant Patil, BJP State President.
1. Patil said that the Congress and the NCP have made a dangerous attempt to repaint the character of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for political gain. Due to this, places of special religions are being built on various forts in the state.
2. This committee of BJP will visit the forts and record the attempts made in the last 2 years to desecrate the forts and then fight for the sanctity of the forts by raising public awareness.
3. MP Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, former MLA Nitin Raje Shinde, BJP Satara district president Vikram Pawaskar, BJP Pradesh Mahila Morcha secretary Varsha Dahale will also serve as members of this committee.
Take stern action against the police who deny history !
MP Sambhaji Raje drew attention to the unauthorized construction on Raigad. A plaque was erected on Shivneri fort saying ‘Siddi Ibrahim Khan Udyan, the bodyguard of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’.A sign saying ‘Towards the place of Shivaji Maharaj’s Guru Peersaheb’ has been put up on the highway in Ratnagiri district. When the police are approached they ask for historical evidence and refuse to book complaint.The fact that there is little or no documentary evidence of historical facts is being misused. (Which book says that Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s guru was Peersaheb? If fanatics had lodged such a complaint, would the police have asked for evidence? – Editor, HinduJagruti.org)