Margashirsha Amawasya ,Kaliyug Varsha 5114
Don’t force us to give up non-violence ! – warn Jain Munis
1. Acharya Dharmadhurandhar Sureeshwar ji Maharaj said, “Saints from all 4 Sects of Jain community have demanded prompt inquiry into these incidents. We talk about Manav-Dharma, Rashtra-Dharma and Jain-Dharma; teach how to follow the path of Dharma. These accidents are caused deliberately to attack us. The Government has not taken any measures against these happenings; therefore, prompt action should be taken by the Government performing its duty.”
2. Acharya Harshsagar Sureeshwarji Maharaj said, “Allow us to continue to believe in non-violence. Don’t force us to take leave of non-violence. The Government should provide security to Jain ‘Sadhus’ at the earliest.”
3..Acharya Harikant Sureeshwarji Maharaj, Muni Hemantvijay ji Maharaj, Sadhvi Kiransudhaji Maharaj, Sadhvi Nandivardhanashriji Maharaj etc. were present on the occasion.
Representation was submitted to the District Collector after the rally. Dy. District Collector, Vaishali Indani went to the venue of demonstrations and accepted the representation in the presence of Mr. Chandubhai Shah, Vijaykant Kothari, Milind Phade, Sharad Shah, Satish Shah, Fattechand Ranka, Bharat Bhurat and Mahavir Kataria. Mr. Sharad Shah of ‘Jain Yuvak Sangh’ said that Maharashtra’s Home Minister R R Patil has promised to provide facilities to Jain ‘Sadhus’ as provided by Gujarat Government.
1. ‘Hame chahiye Nyay’, ‘Investigations by CID’, ‘Innocent ‘Sadhus’ should not be troubled’, ‘Cowardly attacks on Jain ‘Sadhus’ should be stopped’ , were some of the boards displayed by the demonstrators.
2. Huge gathering before District Collector’s office caused traffic jam.
3. Jain brethren had closed down their businesses to join the rally.
4.It was demanded that maligning of Jain Dharma through the medium of websites should be stopped.
Assurance given by Gujarat CM, Mr. Narendra Modi
E-mail sent by Mr. Narendra Modi, Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) was read out on the occasion. Mr. Modi has written, “We have taken a serious note of attack on Munishri Prabalsagarji Maharaj and given orders to take immediate action. The accused has been nabbed on 3rd January and sent to judicial custody. Police staff has been deployed at Girnar and CCTV will be fitted at Ambaji and Dattatreya. Security of citizens of Gujarat is of highest importance to us and we are committed to protect them and punish the guilty.”
Oppression of Jain community
1. During last 3 years, 219 ‘Sadhus’ and ‘Sadhvis’ die in accidents (In one year, 10 seekers become ‘Sadhus’. If such incidents continue to take place, the number of ‘Sadhus’ will go down considerably.)
2. In last 40 days, more than 12 suspicious accidents have taken place.
3.There was a brutal attack on Digambar Munishri Prabalsagarji Maharaj at Girnar in Gujarat.
4.Accidental death of Munishri Dnyanshekharji Maharaj and Munishri Hastagiriji Maharaj in Bharuch.
5. At Dahod near Baroda, Munishri Amar ratnasagarji Maharaj met with fatal accident.
6..Murderous attack on Digambar Guru Bhagavanto at Taranteerth and Girnar in Gujarat
7. Idols of Deities were damaged at Narlai Jain in Rajasthan
8. Sthanakvasi Mahasatiji (Saumyataji) met with fatal accident at Tasgaon (Dist. Sangli)
9. Guru Maharaj attacked at Viralayam Jain Teertha in Pune
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat
- SC asks Centre, J-K to sit and decide Muslim minority status
- Demolish Jinnah House in Mumbai, demands BJP MLA
- Samajwadi Party leader shoots teen dead ‘for raising Yogi Zindabad slogan’
- Move tabled in UK House against Pakistan occupation of Gilgit-Baltistan
- Kerala ‘IS module’ plotted to target Hindu leaders : Nabbed member to NIA