Issue of encroachment by ‘Muslim Sunnat Jamaiyat’ on Govt. land : Devout Hindu activists withdraw from going on hunger-strike after Chief Officer’s promise to take proper action
Success of fight given by devout Hindu activists !
Hupri (Dist. Kolhapur) : Chief Officer of Hupri gave promise to devout Hindu activists that as per Supreme Court’s orders on illegal religious constructions, action would be taken against encroachment on Government’s land bearing No. 844/A/1 by ‘Muslim Sunnat Jamaiyat (MSJ)’ and in the hearing of case filed against the same, proper pleading would be done in Court on behalf of Town Council. He also made an appeal for withdrawal of representation; seeking their cooperation during discussions held with them. As such, hunger strike to be started from 5th September has been called off, informed devout Hindus Shri. Niitn Kakade and Shri. Sanjay Patil.
Related information on this issue is
1. Shri. Nitin Kakade and Shri. Sanjay Patil, local devout Hindus filed a case against illegal construction of Muslim Sunnat Jamaiyat. They have been fighting this case for past two years.
2. Court has issued order that local administration could not be prevented from removing illegal construction; but the local administration was not taking any action despite Court’s orders.
3. Shri. Nitin Kakade and Shri. Sanjay Patil, devout Hindus finally took a decision to start hunger strike in front of Hupri Town Council from 5th September and warned the Government accordingly. This fight was supported by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS), Hindu Mahasabha, Shri Shivapratishthan Hindustan, VHP, Shriram Sena, Yuva Sena, Shiv Sena, ‘Hupri Shahar Bhagava Rakshak Sanghatana’ and other pro-Hindu organizations and ‘Tarun Mandals’.
4. Local administration started discussions with agitators after receiving the warning on 4th September. They also tried to pressurize agitators; but to no avail; as agitators were firm on their demands.
5. Shri. Nitin Kakade and Shri. Sanjay Patil, devout Hindus informed reporters that the agitation would be continued till local administration didn’t take action against illegal construction by ‘Muslim Sunnat Jamaiyat’.