Vengurle : Smt. Eliza K. Fernandes, along with her companions, has been coaxing helpless poor Hindus and innocent people; besides luring with them some incentives and influencing people from ‘Peeracha durgah’ area in the city to adopt Christianity. When questioned about the same, she gives evasive answers. It is necessary to stop improper things like Hindus’ conversion for maintaining communal harmony. It can create communal discord in society if Hindus’ conversions would go on. As a responsible citizen, I am bringing this matter to your notice. You are requested to conduct in-depth inquiry into this and take necessary action. The above demand has been made by BJP’s Vengurla-Taluka President Prasanna Balu Desai and other pro-Hindu organizations, with District Superintendent of Police. Representation on the issue has been submitted to Police Inspector Shashikant Khot of local police station.
‘Hindu brethren, beware in time, about conversions ! Don’t fall prey to any baits!’ were the appeals made on the occasion. BJP’s office bearers, members of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Sanatan, RSS and activists of other pro-Hindu organizations were also present.
Few points told about conversions
1. Lot of non-vegetarian items are cooked on certain days and Hindus are invited for meals; so also they are lured by offering other things.
2. Those who are converting are Protestants i.e. missionaries who try to convert innocent poor people.
3. Such conversion is going on throughout the year. People gather at certain place on every Sunday and convert others, was the information obtained from few people.
4. Names of some eminent personalities and teachers are also in news in this connection. Their names will be exposed in few days.
5. We believe in ‘Sarva-Dharma-Sama-Bhav’ but contact ‘Live Maharashtra’ if incidents of conversion are observed around you. We shall expose them.