Conversion is a danger more severe than terrorism and needs to be opposed with unity ! – Manoj Lasi, BJP
Ulhasnagar : We left everything behind and came to India for safety; but few Sindhis are giving up that Hindu Dharma and becoming Christians which is very sad. Ulhasnagar, which is known to be a business city, is becoming notorious for conversions. Conversion is a danger that is more severe than terrorism and should be opposed with unity, was the frank opinion expressed by Shri. Manoj Lasi, BJP’s municipal councilor during demonstrations staged by various pro-Hindu organizations against conversions in Ulhasnagar area.
Incidents of Christian missionaries luring people and converting them are on rise. Christian missionaries have converted more than 1 lakh Sindhis and other Hindus so far by taking advantage of their helplessness; irrespective of their good or bad financial backgrounds. Demand was therefore, made during demonstrations staged by devout Hindu activists resolving to put curb on Christian missionaries and for passing of law banning conversion of religion. The demonstrations were staged at Gol Maidan ground in Camp 1 near Bhagavanti Navani Stage, on 23rdDecember between 5.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
Demonstrators were carrying banners and raising slogans against conversion. The representation circulated on the occasion for forwarding it to the Government was signed by 490 people. More than 150 devout Hindus participated in demonstrations.
Other demands made during demonstrations !
- Organizations, institutes and missionaries encouraging conversions should be found and stringent legal action should be taken against them through setting up a separate department.
- Action should be taken against foreign institutions which are funding Christian organizations engaged in conversions under the guise of human service.
- There are almost 90% Hindu students studying in Convent schools run by Christians; but they are not allowed to apply ‘kumkum’, wear bangles, use henna, tie ‘rakhis’ on the day of ‘Rakshabandhan’ and celebrate other religious festivals as per Indian culture. They are forced to make prayers to Jesus which later leads to conversions. A law should therefore, be passed imposing ban on conversions.
Participating organizations in demonstrations !
Sindhi Council of India, Jai Zulelal Seva Sangharsh Samiti, Prabal Sanghatana, Helping Hands Foundation, Sindhu Satyagrah, Sindhi Sanstha, Vishwa Sindhi Samaj Sangh, International Hindu Parishad, Brahman Ekata Sangh, Brahman Sabha Sangh, Ulhasnagar Vyapari Sanghatana, RSS, Bajarang Dal, VHP, Yoga Vedanta Samiti, Patanjali Parivar, Vande Mataram Pratishthan, Bharatiya Janahit Seva Samiti, Shriram Hindu Sena, Shivapratishthan Hindustan, Dharmajagaran Manch, Yuva-shakti Sanghatana, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, Hindu Janajagruti Samiti and Sanatan Sanstha
Participating dignitaries !
Shri. Manoj Lasi, BJP-municipal councilor; Shri. Manoj Sadhwani, BJP- former municipal councilor; Shri. Narayan Bablani, ‘International Hindu Parishada’; Shri. Dada Tharwani, famous builder; advocate Rahul Chaturvedi; Shri. Paramanand Girija, member of Traders’ Union; Shri. Rohit Pande, ‘Dharmajagaran Manch’; Shri. Harish Yadav and Shri. Mahesh Krupalani, ‘Yoga Vedanta Samiti’; Rocky Hindustani, ‘Vande Mataram Sanghatana’; Shri. Deepak Mangatani, Founder and Shri. Kamalesh Tarachandani, President of ‘Jai Zulelal Sangharsh Utkarsh Samiti’; Shri. Anilkumar Pande, BJP-leader; N. I. in-charge; Sou. Sindhu Sharma, RSS; Shri. Lakshman Dubey, ‘Brahman Ekata Mahasabha’; Shri. Ashish Yadav, Bajarang Dal; Shri. Sudhir Singh, ‘Yuva Shakti Sanghatana’; Shri. P. S. Ahuja, senior social worker and activist-social media and representatives of BJP- political party
Police vigilance !
1. Large number of police staff was deployed at the venue of demonstrations.
2. One policeman was every now and then measuring sound-levels with his machine.
8300 viewed the demonstrations through Facebook and 136 shared the video of demonstrations.