Shri Mahalakshmi Temple : Law to be passed for appointment of priest in Shri Mahalakshmi Mandir who will be paid salary by the Govt. !
- Appointment of priest by paying salary will be interfering in ‘Dharma-shaastra’. Decisions related to religious matters should be taken by consulting ‘Dharmacharyas’. Doesn’t the Government know about pathetic condition of Pandharpur’s Vitthal Mandir after appointing salaried priest ?
- Why the Govt. is not coming forward with any statement on scam of Pashchim Maharashtra Devasthan Vyvavasthapan Samiti (PMDS) ? Why the issue had to be raised through ‘star query’ during Legislative Assembly session ?
- Devi-devotees need to realize the adverse effects of Government taking over management of temples and unite for encouraging Govt. for handing them over to devotees !
Mumbai : Priests get right to perform daily ‘puja’ at Shri Mahalakshmi Mandir at Kolhapur through inheritance. The Government has now set up a committee under the chairmanship of Chief Joint Secretary of the State for taking away rights of inheriting priests; by passing a circular in this regard. After receiving report of that committee, a law will be passed to appoint a salaried priest. Eligibility criteria related to education will be compulsory and instead of any inherited rights, government priest would be appointed by passing a law as done in case of temples managed by the Government at Shirdi and Pandharpur. Similarly, the inquiry started into Paschim Maharashtra Devasthan Samiti (PMDS) by State Crime Investigations Department is in final stages and its report will be published within 15 days after receipt.
Minister Ranajit Patil also informed that a meeting would be held with all MLAs in 15 days for explaining the issues related to PMDS and priests. He was speaking on the ‘star’ question presented by Shiv Sena MLA Rajesh Kshirsagar, Prakash Abitkar and Chandradeep Narake on 10th August.
1. Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar stated while presenting the ‘starred’ question that by referring to Shri Ambabai Devi as Shri Mahalakshmidevi in its reply, the Government has rubbed salt into their wounds.
He also presented other points like ‘dressing up Devi in ‘Ghagra-choli’ instead of traditional sari which created clash between devotees and ‘Shripujaks’; corruption involving billions of rupees by PMDS; ‘Shripujak’ Ajit Thanekar’s malpractices, his improper behavior in the sanctum-sanctorum of Devi’s temple; taking away rights from Thanekar etc.
2. Shri. Abitkar said, “When is the report by State CID expected to be received? The Government should explain the kind of inquiry conducted in last 2-1/2 years.” Chandradeep Narake said, “When will the Government appoint a person from ‘Bahujan Samaj’ as priest ? The order for appointment of priest on wages should be immediately issued and approved by the government.”
3. Home (State) Minister Patil said, “Many land transactions have been exposed in inquiry conducted by Investigations Department. Re-audit will have to be conducted in few cases.”
Inquiry will be conducted into threat received by ‘Pujari Hatao Sangharsh Samiti’ – Ranajit Patil
During these discussions, Congress MLA Nitesh Rane read out a threatening letter received by ‘Pujari Hatao Sangharsh Samiti’ in which it has been stated that 3 members of the Samiti would meet the same fate as Pansare and Dabholkar. Rane asked whether inquiry would be conducted into the said letter and what action the Government was going to take or was it waiting for murders of those members. Patil said that inquiry would be conducted immediately and nobody would be spared.
Two vacant posts in Shri Vitthal – Rukmini Mandir Committee will be filled by appointment of Warkaris ! – Home (State) Minister
Govt. should dissolve the whole committee and hand over management of temple to devotees ! – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat
Home (State) Minister Dr. Ranajit Patil
Mumbai : The number of members of Shri Vitthal Mandir committee are appointed as one from backward class, one lady-member and one government officer (in service); but the Government will soon take decision on 2 posts which are still lying vacant and proposed to be filled by representatives of Warkari Sampradaya.
On 10th August, NCP – MLA Bharat Bhalake and other members had raised the issue of incomplete development work and sand taken out from river beds despite setting up of ‘Pandharpur Vikas Pradhikaran’ for development of Pandharpur city. Minister Patil gave the above information while answering the query.
Action will be taken promptly against illegal scooping out sand from river-beds !
Regarding illegal scooping out of sand from river-beds, Minister Patil said that squads from Revenue Department would be instructed to take strict action against persons illegally taking out sand from river-bed. (Sand is taken out illegally by sand- mafia. Is it because they are no longer afraid of police? Why the Govt. has to instruct Revenue Dept.? Why don’t those officers do it as their duty ? Why was it not done earlier ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat) Families of children, who lost life drowning in river, will be extended financial aid immediately.
Sub-standard jobs will be investigated thro’ zonal Commissioner !
Action will be taken against the concerned if it is found that expenses on construction of ‘pre-fabricated’ toilets were less than expenses for the one acquired on rental basis and construction of permanent toilets will also be considered. Complaints have been received about sub-standard construction work of roads and other civic amenities through ‘Pradhikaran’ and city development. Inquiry is going on through Commissioner. Inquiry into other sub-standard work will also be conducted.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat