Phalgun Krushna Pratipada, Kaliyug Varsha 5111
Communal violence rocked Shimoga which is Karnataka chief minister B S Yedyurappa’s constituency after a newspaper published an article authored by Tasleema Nasreen regarding the purdah system.
One person was killed at Shimoga after the police opened fire to quell a mob which was protesting against the Bangladeshi author. Rioters resorted to violence on Monday after by setting ablaze several vehicles. They also pelted stones thus forcing the shut down of the entire town. The violence even spread to neighboruing Hassan which is still gripped by communal tension. Hassan is former PM Deve Gowda’s constituency.
When reports last came in the situation in the two places was still tense. Curfew has been imposed in Shimoga while prohibitory orders are in place in Hassan. Security has been beefed up in the entire state as a precautionary measure.
A verrnacular daily had translated a write up by Taslima Nasreen regarding the purdah system. Some persons had opposed the article and resorted to violence.
- Austria Passes ‘Law on Islam’ Requiring Austrian Muslim Groups To Use German-Language Qurans !!
- Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith
- RSS a club of bachelors, shouldn’t talk about producing babies : Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Rs 1,00,786 bounty on Muslim cleric who called Shiva ‘messenger of Islam’
- Hindu leader MLA Shri. Rajasingh Thakur gets death threats