From : Hindu Awakening [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent : Monday, September 14, 2015 6:50 PM
To : [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject : Complaints regarding denigrating paintings at “Husain at Hundred”

Namaste,

Forum for Hindu Awakening (FHA) received several complaints from Hindus about the celebration of M.F. Husain’s 100th birth anniversary named as “Husain at Hundred” at Aicon Gallery, in New York, USA which will be held from September 17th through October 24, 2015.

Reference: http://www.aicongallery.com/exhibitions/2015-09-17_husain-at-hundred/

M. F. Husain blatantly trampled upon the religious sentiments of millions of Hindus by denigrating Hindus’ revered Deities like Shri Rama, Shri Hanuman, Goddess Durga, and other Hindu Deities and Hindu culture through his many anti-Hindu paintings. M. F. Husain deliberately hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by painting Hindu Deities and Bharat mata (Mother India) nude, while painting other religions’ figures fully clothed. As a result, many criminal complaints were lodged against him, and several arrest warrants were issued against him. Please note that M. F. Husain had fled India to evade arrest.

You can learn more about the late Husain’s hypocrisy and his hatred of Hindus at: https://www.hindujagruti.org/activities/campaigns/national/mfhussain-campaign/

We also noticed that there are paintings of M.F. Husain for sale on your website, which insults Hindu Deities including Deity Hanuman, and other Draupadi, Satyavati, Bhishma and others.

We request you to remove any such paintings from sale.

Reference: http://www.aicongallery.com/exhibitions/2009_signed-mf-husain-serigraphs-from-the-herwitz-collection/

Your move to honor M. F. Husain and carry out exhibition of his paintings hurt religious and national sentiments of Hindus all over the world. We object to the inclusion of any paintings of M. F. Husain for any auction or sale or exhibition. We urge you to completely withdraw “Husain at Hundred” to be held from September 17th through October 24, 2015.

We had approached UAE art exhibition for a similar reason and M.F. Husain’s paintings were withdrawn after realizing how they were insulting to Hindus.

Organizers of Late M. F. Husain’s paintings’ exhibition at Hema Malini’s NY performance apologized and canceled the exhibition after realizing his hatred for Hindus through his paintings. It is our hope that you respect the religious sentiments of Hindus and stop the exhibition in honor of M.F. Husain and also stop any sale of his paintings.

Forum for Hindu Awakening is a nonprofit organization that strives to awaken society to the unique spiritual science underlying Hindu Dharma concepts and practices, to motivate people to live and preserve them, and to facilitate the spiritual progress of humanity. One of the ways we do this is by addressing misrepresentations of Hinduism.

Please acknowledge this letter and inform us in writing about the action taken by you, failing which, we will be forced to start a protest campaign.

Awaiting your prompt action and reply.

Sincerely,
Forum for Hindu Awakening

Leave a Comment

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​