From: HJS Appeals
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Subject: Denigration of Hindu Deities and Rushis in your program ‘Narayan Narayan – Chulbule Narad ki Natkhat Lilaye’
To: [email protected]

|| Shri ||

To,
BIG Magic Channel
Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd
401, 4th Floor, Infiniti Mall Link Road, Oshiwara
Andheri West , Mumbai -400053 India
Phone no.: 91 22 3068 9444
Fax No .: 91 22 3988 8927
Email : [email protected]

Sir/Madam

Sub : Denigration of Hindu Deities and Rushis in your program ‘Narayan Narayan – Chulbule Narad ki Natkhat Lilaye’

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is a registered NGO engaged in social, religious and National welfare work. The Samiti is active throughout the world, educating people about Dharma in scientific way, campaigning against malpractices that masquerade as religious practices while also solving issues of national, social and religious importance. For further details please refer to our website www.HinduJagruti.org

We appreciate BIG Magic’s efforts to bring Hindu History and tradition to Indian homes through its programs. However, we have received many complaints from devout Hindus who are appalled at the way Sage Narada and revered Gods and Goddesses have been depicted in your serial ‘Narayan Narayan – Chulbule Narad ki Natkhat Lilaye’.

While it is commendable that you have gone to great lengths to script the episodes relating to the various stories surrounding Sage Narada, your serial irreverently shows the great Sage as a bumbling comedic character. The actions, facial expressions and overall demeanour of the actor playing Sage Narada do not give justice, they are downright denigrating! For example in one episode, Narada comes to meet another character (called Chingu) and they dance while gyrating their hips to welcome each other! So also, the other actors playings Mata Lakshmi, Mata Saraswati and Mata Parvati are also shown like everyday housewives instead of the Goddesses that they are. For example, in one episode it is shown that Mata Lakshmi is afraid to talk when Shri Vishnu glares at her!

When people, especially young children watch such shows, it creates impressions on their minds that Hindu Deities and Sages are like everyday people. It takes out the element of Divinity. Sage Narada has an important role to play in this creation. Being an omniscient being, Sage Narada is responsible in speeding up the annihilation of unrighteousness while ensuring the establishment of Dharma. He is not a bumbling troublemaker / mischief-monger as he is portrayed in your serial. So we request you to present the stories as they are, while having the actors portraying the various characters maintain the decorum expected out of the character.

We request you to take serious note of this. Please acknowledge this letter and give us in writing about the actions you have taken in this matter.

Regards,
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

2 thoughts on “Protest : Denigration of Hindu Deities and Shri Narad by ‘BIG Magic’ Channel”

  1. Hi HJS Team,

    i have written to them, I agree that such serials are real nonsense and imprint false notion on the exalted personalities like Narad Muni, Devi Saraswathi, Devi Parvathi and Goddess Lakshmi, once side we want to pray during our helplessness and immediately other side these people behave like rogues and irresponsible citizens, This is very disturbing. We should keep following up and make them stop this garbage.

Leave a Comment

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​