With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Prof. Rameshwar Mishra’s new book released by Puri Shankracharya Shri Nishchalanand Saraswati
- Oregon State University to teach Hinduism
- HJS activists meet newly elected MLAs from Raigad and Thane districts of Maharashtra !
- HJS meets newly elected MLAs from Nasik (Maharashtra)
- Tamil Nadu : 2 ancient idols found at Srirangam temple