With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Georgetown University appoints its first Hindu priest
- Modiji, don’t tolerate any aggression by Pakistan now ! – Uddhav Thackeray
- A British school makes Sanskrut compulsory
- US Lawmaker Gifts Personalised Copy of Hindu Scripture to Narendra Modi
- Yezidi Sanatan Dharma Society – Yezidis and Non-Resident Indians join hands for the Yezidi Cause