With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Church Planting in India via Foreign NGO Funding: A Report on Modus Operandi
- The website ‘IndiaAgainstIslamicState.com’ launched in Mumbai
- Shri. Pramod Mutalik files petition in SC against Goa Government
- Hindus should stop denigration of Deities taking place through ‘rakhis’ !
- 2.87 million Indians have no faith, census reveals for first time