With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- It’s scientifically proved that water pollution can be controlled through ‘Agnihotra’
- Indian-American Vivek Murthy is US’s youngest surgeon-general, takes oath on Gita
- Pakistani Hindus can apply for long-term Indian visa online
- Baba Ramdev humbly declines Cabinet rank
- Hindus want Prayer Room at Princeton University