With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Shiv Sena will always extend support to HJS ! – Subhash Desai, Minister for Industries, Maharashtra
- ‘Conversion is what Muslims, Christians do; what VHP does is not conversion’
- Ghar Wapsi: VHP to convert minorities to Hindu in Sonia’s Rae Baareli constituency
- ‘Initiative of India is highly needed for the establishment of Hindu State in Nepal’
- RSS plans to convert 4,000 Christian & 1,000 Muslim families to Hinduism