With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Owing to aggressiveness shown by Hindus, Police promise to put curb on followers of all religions from using roads for prayers
- Missionaries of Charity under govt scanner for foreign funds
- School timings changed for fasting Muslim students in Kerala
- PIL filed to replace Persian, Urdu words in police documents
- HAV to organise massive protest against Kerala Govt’s move to donate land to Churches