With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Gayatri Mantra & Gangajal formed part of Martin Luther King Interfaith Service in Nevada
- Photos : Ukrainian professional football player Vitaliy Reva re-marries in Hindu tradition
- Gharwapsi In Mumbai, 11 People Embrace Hinduism
- Sparks City Council opens year’s 1st meeting with ancient Gayatri Mantra
- Countdown begins in Nepal for a Hindu Rashtra