With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Gujarat fisherman hurt in Pakistan firing near IMBL, 24 in captivity
- Christians ordered to CONVERT OR DIE by ISIS jihadis as they declare a European caliphate
- Belthangady : Hindu organisations take out protest march against demand to ban Sanatan
- The Shameful Double Standards Of India’s Intelligentsia On Secularism And Free Speech
- Muslims can live in this country, but have to give up beef: Haryana CM