Jyeshtha Krushna 10, Kaliyug Varsha 5114
Ramnathi, Ponda (Goa) : A group discussion was arranged on the topic of ‘Protection of cows’ in the last session of the second day. These serious problems that have persisted over a period are posing a challenge to Hindu Dharma. It was concluded from the discussions that an effective unity is the only way to overcome these problems. The solutions that were suggested by the Hindus during the discussions were as given ahead -
- Need of establishment of squads of protectors of cows at village levels to protect cows
- To be able to protect cows Hindus should strengthen their communication system
- Keep a vigil on the routes used for trafficking cows and stop those vehicles found trafficking cows and free them.
- If those found guilty in cow slaughter are arrested by the Police, then no Hindu should help them in getting a bail.
- If while doing this task, if any of the members of the squad are arrested then Hindu lawyers should immediately come forward for their release. Hence, Hindu lawyers should remain united.
- At the village level a in the name of ‘Farmers market’ a weekly market yard is set up where the cattle are sold. In reality, these markets are being controlled by the butchers. Hence, it is necessary to keep a watch on such markets. Buying-selling of aged cows is legally prohibited.
- A butcher collects the blood of cow and sells it overseas; he sells the limbs to China. A butcher buys a cow for Rs. 1000 and by disposing it in the above mentioned way earns millions of rupees.