Sticking to his stand on minorities, Congress leader Salman Khurshid has said he would ensure the rights of Pasmanda Muslim community even if the Election Commission “hangs” him.
Addressing an election rally in Khatakpur locality on Friday night, the Law Minister said that EC had censured him, but even if the “Commission hangs him or does anything else”, he would ensure that people of Pasmanda community get their rights.
“Can’t I even say that Pasmanda Muslims would get their due?” he said, adding that Congress was set to hoist the tricolour in the state Assembly after 22 years.
The Commission had censured Mr. Khurshid for his remarks on sub-quota for minorities, finding them to be a violation of the model code of conduct for elections.
Mr. Khurshid, while campaigning for his wife Louise, a Congress candidate from Farrukhabad Assembly constituency in Uttar Pradesh, had promised the electorate last month that the party would increase the sub-quota for minorities to nine per cent, out of the 27 per cent Other Backward Classes (OBC) reservation.
The EC order had come on BJP’s complaint about Mr. Khurshid’s remarks, asking the Commission to take action against him for violation of model code of conduct.
Source : The Hindu
- Sanatan’s dynamic work for Nation & Dharma will be successful ! – Mahant Gurumukhdasji Udasi Maharaj
- More than 10 thousand curious visit exhibition held by Sanatan & HJS
- Sanatan Sanstha is being implicated in Govind Pansare’s murder case ! – Mr. Virendra Marathe, Trustee, Sanatan Sanstha
- Sanatan’s 7 cloth banners thrown in garbage by police & Municipal staff !
- Sanatan & HJS welcome procession for Rajyogi Snan in traditional way !