Sticking to his stand on minorities, Congress leader Salman Khurshid has said he would ensure the rights of Pasmanda Muslim community even if the Election Commission “hangs” him.
Addressing an election rally in Khatakpur locality on Friday night, the Law Minister said that EC had censured him, but even if the “Commission hangs him or does anything else”, he would ensure that people of Pasmanda community get their rights.
“Can’t I even say that Pasmanda Muslims would get their due?” he said, adding that Congress was set to hoist the tricolour in the state Assembly after 22 years.
The Commission had censured Mr. Khurshid for his remarks on sub-quota for minorities, finding them to be a violation of the model code of conduct for elections.
Mr. Khurshid, while campaigning for his wife Louise, a Congress candidate from Farrukhabad Assembly constituency in Uttar Pradesh, had promised the electorate last month that the party would increase the sub-quota for minorities to nine per cent, out of the 27 per cent Other Backward Classes (OBC) reservation.
The EC order had come on BJP’s complaint about Mr. Khurshid’s remarks, asking the Commission to take action against him for violation of model code of conduct.
Source : The Hindu
- Artificial water tanks will not be erected ! – Municipal Commissioner, Dhule
- Shri. Pramod Mutalik files petition in SC against Goa Government
- Instability in the country leading to decline of Indian Vedic culture ! – Srimat Jagatguru Ramanandacharya Swami Hansadevacharyaji Maharaj
- Foreigners will know real Indian culture through exhibition by Sanatan & HJS ! – Shri. Ram Balakdasji Mahatyagi Maharaj
- ‘Rakhi’ in the form of Bal Ganesh and Bal Hanuman to attract children