Satara (Maharashtra) : Two trucks carrying 35 animals including 22 cows from Karad to Kondva in Pune were caught by Police Inspector (PI) Shrirang Langhe on Pune – Bengaluru National Highway within the limits of Shendre village (Dist. Satara). Three Muslims and one more person have been arrested by the police.
A truck was stopped near ‘Surya Dhaba’ at Shendre around 1.30 a.m. and police asked the drivers about things carried in the truck. The drivers gave false information that they were carrying some bulls, buffaloes and calves. When PI Langhe inspected the trucks, he found 35 animals including 22 cows, 5 bulls and 8 calves. Under clause 5 of Maharashtra Animal Protection Act, 1976, cow- slaughtering is prohibited. Accordingly, two trucks with the animals were confiscated by police from sellers Salluddin Nijamuddin Bepari, Zakir Yunus Shaikh and truck driver Rajendra Dinkar Nanavare.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat
- PIL filed to replace Persian, Urdu words in police documents
- Missionaries of Charity under govt scanner for foreign funds
- Owing to aggressiveness shown by Hindus, Police promise to put curb on followers of all religions from using roads for prayers
- School timings changed for fasting Muslim students in Kerala
- HAV to organise massive protest against Kerala Govt’s move to donate land to Churches