Chennai (Tamil Nadu) : Hindu Janjagruti Samiti organized Hindu Dharmajagruti Sabha on Sunday, Feb 20, 2011 at Dakshinamurthy Auditorium, P.S. Higher Secondary School, Mylapore, Chennai. The Sabha received a good response with nearly 600 people attending the program. The program commenced with prayers and recitation of Vedamantra by five Vedamurtis. This was followed by lighting of the lamp by Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhar Swamiji, Madhurapuri Ashram. Later the dignitaries on the dais were felicitated. Sri Sreekumar did the compeering. Sri Prabhakaran, Coordinator of Hindu
Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhar Swamiji, Madhurapuri Ashram lighting of the Holy Lamp
Recitation of Vedamantra by the Vedamurtis
First a brief introduction about Hindu Janjagruti Samiti and its activities was presented. Mr. Sridhar spoke about Sanatan Prabhat and its unique features and role in Dharmajagruti.
Smt. Sugandhi Jaikumar from Sanatan Sanstha spoke about Sadhana, including individual and collective spiritual practice.
Smt. Uma Ravi, Co-cordinator, Hindu Janjagruti Samiti spoke about the current pitiable situation of our nation and Dharma. She spoke about the conversion activities, the denigration of deities and lack of Dharmasikshan and dharma acharan among Hindus. She highlighted the need for Dharmajagruti among Hindus.
The last speech of the program was given by Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhar Swamiji, Madhurapuri Ashram. Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamigal spoke on the topic of Sanatana Dharma and its importance. He traced the timelessness of our Dharma. All the information like Moon’s mud is black is contained in our Vedas. He explained this quoting many simple examples. The principle behind our Achara Dharma like marriage was also explained by Him. He insisted that such a priceless Dharma needs to be preserved and protected. He expressed His immense happiness that Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is doing just that and extended His blessings for the Samiti.
The program concluded with passing of resolutions, vote of thanks and singing of Vande Mataram.
HighlightsSwamiji was interested in knowing and asked several questions, He also visited the exhibition in detail.
- Swamiji was interested in knowing more about Param Pujya Bhaktharaj Maharaj and His Nama Sankirtan as He Himself was advocating Nama Sankirtan in Kaliyug and propagating the Mahamantra, ‘Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare’.
- As soon as He sat on the dais, hearing Prabhakaran Mama’s HJS introduction, He asked me how many active seekers are there in Chennai? Told Him that very few are there but seekers from Kerala had come to help us with the Dharma Sabha. He remarked that in spite of few numbers we were very systematic and organized and that is the reason why we were able to do all these things.
- While it was been compeered about the Gurukulu, Swamiji was keenly observing. While the spiritual levels of sadhaks were told, He asked who decides the spiritual level of seekers.
- Felicitation of Swami Jyothirmayananda who was sitting in the front row was done, who told Swamiji that He was our speaker for the previous Dharma Sabha. Swamiji inquired about Him and told why we didn’t make Him sit on the dais. Told Swamiji that He insisted this time that He will come as an observer and not an orator.
- After the felicitation of Sri Krishnaswamy of Hindusthan People’s Party, Swamiji told that he can be made to come to the dais and be introduced to everyone.
- When Sanatan Sanstha lecture was delivered, He asked what did we mean by seekers and that are we doing any spiritual practice.
- During Sanatan Prabhat lecture, it was told to Him as to how Sanatan Prabhat was delivered door to door by many seekers as Seva. He asked whether they take any remuneration for that. When it was said no, He asked how the full-time seekers manage and it was told that Sanstha provides for them.
Source: Our Correspondent
Save temples from Anti-Hindus
Temples are the centres of Hindu Dharma. Anti Hindu forces like Muslims, Congress, Christians has constantly targetted them. HJS is fighting against these forces.
Dharma Jagruti Sabhas
Dhama Jagruti Sabhas is creating mass awareness among Hindus about various problems affecting Hindu Dharma.
Grave sins of Congress are driving India to doom!
Highest sins of the Congress which is taking the country to Hell and of all political parties who are doing nothing about it but just letting that happen !