Friends, filling the 'personality defect removal chart' is a key step in the personality defect removal process.
1. Search for your own mistakes : You are supposed to sort/jot down the mistakes that you make throughout the day from time to time in your personality defect removal chart. First, let us try to understand what we mean by 'mistakes'. At times, we talk in a way that hurts others or act unreasonably stubborn resulting in a wrong action. This is a 'mistake'. Similarly, inappropriate thoughts, reactions or emotions are also mistakes. For example, thoughts of hatred or envy. Let us see how to search for all these mistakes.
2. Resolve to find your own personality defects : When performing day-to-day activities if you make a firm decision that ‘I must find out my own mistakes’ and remain alert then you will become aware of several of mistakes that you make throughout the day.
3. Do not harbour a narrow-minded attitude of ‘my contribution to the mistake was very small’ : Sometimes a mistake is accepted, but when accepting it children tend to think, 'I contributed very little to the mistake'. Such thinking is harmful from the viewpoint of improving one's personality. Even, if the contribution to the mistake is very small, take full responsibility for it and accept it.
4. Seek help from others to become aware of your own mistakes : Sometimes, you do not realise your own mistakes. Tell your parents, siblings or friends to make you aware of your mistakes.
5. Accept a mistake pointed out by others : Some children do not accept a mistake pointed out by parents or someone else. In fact, they say 'I did not do this', and push the blame onto someone else. This creates an attitude of always blaming others or the circumstances for our mistakes. If the mistake is not accepted, then no attempts are made to overcome the defect because of which the mistake occurred. Contrary to this, if the mistake pointed out by others is accepted, the child develops the attitude of concentrating on where one went wrong and analyses how and why it occurred. Consequently, such a person is able to make good efforts to improve himself and can overcome personality defects faster.
Hence, when children are pointed out their mistakes, instead of justifying them they should accept them at once.
6. Accept a mistake irrespective of how it has been told to you : Sometimes, your elder sister or brother points out your mistake in a high pitched or angry tone. Actually, you know that you have made the mistake, but as you dislike their style of telling it, you do not accept it. This is wrong. You should immediately accept your mistake irrespective of how your elder sibling has pointed it out to you.
So children, from today, we shall all introspect in order to identify our mistakes and shall fill the personality defect removal chart daily.