O Hindus, let us unite to Save Ram Setu !
When the government can give National monument status to few-centuries old Muslim mosques and structures immediately, then why does government need to ‘decide’ whether to give national monument status to 17-lakh year old Ram Setu ?
Ram Setu Video
Ram Setu prevented the tsunami from advancing from Rameshwaram to Kerala.
- This is a divine bridge (Setu).
- Lord Rama and his vaanar sena had built it 17 lacs 25 thousands years ago.
- In Puranas, the importance of Setu is explained in great details, especially in Skanda Purana, Vishnu Purana, Agni Purana, and Brahma Purana.
- Ram Setu a natural barrier to Tsunami: During the last tsunami, the Ram Setu (at a high elevation) from the rest of the shoal accumulations acted as a natural barrier preventing the direct devastation of the entire Bharatam coastline south and southwest of Nagapattanam. – Dr. Murthy, Chief editor of the reputed International Tsunami Journal “Science of Tsunami Hazards”
- Threat of Tsunami: Many geologists, earth scientists, and oceanographers have commented critically, against the disastrous consequences of constructing SSCP. Amongst these is the impending devastation of Kerala, which will suck in after implementation of SSCP, after next Tsunami hits it.
Read details: Sethusamudram project and impending Tsunami devastation
- Many Naval officials are saying that even after the completion of SSCP, the depth of the canal shall be only 12 meters (about 36 feet ), and only small and medium sized vessels shall be able to pass. Large sized vessels and carriers shall not be able to pass.
- The construction of SSCP is trampling upon the feelings and emotions of millions and millions of Hindus.
- Besides, this setu (bridge) is world’s oldest man-made structure. It is much much older than the pyramids of Egypt, and the Great Wall of China.
- Ram Setu has sentimental, religious and historic value.
- People have crossed the sea using the Ram Setu, for many thousand years, until the 15th century.
Better alternative solutions are also available !
According to the specialists, a sea route may be prepared for navigation without damaging Ram Setu, by removing the barren sand heaps near village Mandapam between Rameshwaram and Dhanushkoti railway. This will not only give a shorter route for navigation but also protect the oldest man-made heritage.
Pictures taken by NASA [National Aeronautics & Space Administration], USA from space show the remains of what appears to be an ages old man-made setu (bridge) between Rameshwaram and Sri Lanka. According to Hindu scriptures and belief, Lord Ram and his vaanar sena had built a setu (bridge) from Rameshwaram to Sri Lanka about 17 lacs 25 thousands years ago. The discovery of Shri Ram Setu by NASA confirms that Hindu scriptures and belief are correct in this matter and that Ramayana is ‘history’ and not “mythology” as is often construed.
Setu Samudram [shipping canal project] is based on the notion that it is inevitable to break the Ram Setu for easy navigation. This will amount to damaging a monument of both, historical and religious importanceto Hindus. Now it is duty of all Hindus to protest lawfully against this project and force the Government to save ‘Ram Setu’ and declare it as a National Monument !
Setu Samudram shipping canal project (SSCP) is a project that has been approved by the Government of India and its work has been started near Kodand Ram Temple. In this project, Palk Gulf and Gulf Mennar will be linked by making a shipping canal through Rameshwaram Island. This will allow ships and boats to navigate in the passage between India and Sri Lanka without having to circle Sri Lanka (as is being done currently). This may save about 400 nautical miles voyage on the West Coast. This project will connect the National Sea Route. This canal will shorten the length of the sea route for ships. Rs. 21 crore per year for fuel expenditure of ships will be saved.
Ram Setu Destruction Status
- Why was the route of Metro passing ‘close’ Qutub Minar in New Delhi was abandoned and later reworked fearing prospective damages to this 815 years man made monument?
- Why the project of Taj corridor (which would have made lot of dollars to our money minded govt) was put off after the hue and cry of environmentalists as the construction near Taj ‘may’ cause bad effect on this 359 years old man made monument. Please give attention here that these monuments were not going to be destroyed but were ‘feared’ to get damaged.
- Will any government in China would destroy or even alter The great wall of China(2695 years old) for the sake of any amount of money?
- Will any one allow pulling down 4507 years old Pyramids of Egypt in lieu of any uncountable amount of money?
If the answer is NO, then why this 17,25,000 years old man made monument is being destroyed for the sake of some coins?
An attempt to offend Hindus
The drill, which is being used to demolish the ram setu, is named ‘Jai Hanuman’! Thus, as declared by the hermitage, this is a direct attempt to humiliate Hindus. Two such machines taken there have broken down. The government should take a lesson or two from this, says the hermitage.
Shankaracharyas Unite to Save Ram Setu
Shankaracharyas’ of all four peeths decided to unite in a bid to save Shriram’s 17½ lakh year old setu. All Shankaracharya hermitages are making efforts to save Ram Setu. What are you doing? Related News
Click hereto read more news about efforts of HJS to Save Ram Setu and other news related to issue of Ram SetuHJS has filed 250 complaints against MK Karunanidhi, CM, Tamilnadu.
- Send Email, Letter, Fax to President of India, Prime Minister, Cabinet Secreatary, Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Environment and Forests and other concerned authorities. Find sample letters and address details here.
- Spread awareness about this issue among your friends, relatives and colleagues.
- Sign Online signature drive
News published in other publications:
Videos: Proofs of Ramayana
1. Tomb of Rawana in Sri lanka (Hindi)
2. Palace of Rawana, Sitakunda and Ashokwatika (Hindi)