- Our philosophy and approach
- What information do we collect?
- Personal Information
- Non-Confidential Information
- Non-personally-identifiable information
- Why do we collect information about you?
- How HJS uses your personal information
- When we disclose personal information to others
- How Do I Correct My Information or ‘Opt-Out’?
- How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
- With regards to hardware and software
- With regards to managerial processes
- Linking to Other Websites
- Effective Date and Modifications
- Google site stats and analytics
- Contacting Us
1. Our philosophy and approach
* Involving like-minded organisations, associations and individuals in its different campaigns. The main intention is to create awareness among Hindus in the process.
* The activities undertaken by the HJS comprises curbing denigration taking place through various mediums, advertisements, theatrical performances; curbing malpractices prevalent in public festivals; curbing degradation of Religious leaders and Saints, to provide religious education to Hindus, to curb conversion of Hindus, etc.
* Any act that harms the interests of Hindu Dharma is notified to the society by creating public awareness regarding it and trying to stop it by lawful means. In such situations, the offenders are made aware of the harmful act committed by them. As a result, persons, organisations or business houses associated with such acts realise their mistake and accept it, thereby stopping such acts. If they don't accept their mistake after being intimated, then a written memorandum is handed over to them. If they do not pay any heed thereafter too, then the HJS adopts lawful measures such as organising protest marches, staging demonstrations, lodging police complaints, informing the Government, spreading such information through press conferences, seeking judicial help for justice, etc.
* The HJS launches online protest campaigns against the concerned through its website www.hindujagruti.org. It also gives publicity to such protest campaigns through ‘Sanatan Prabhat's’ periodicals, other newspapers and news channels to create public awareness.
* The Samiti is very prompt in its action against any incident regarding hurting of religious sentiments.
* Samartha Ramdas Swami has said that, Every act one undertakes and every agitation one stages has potential and will succeed provided God’s will is invoked there of. As per this saying, the HJS, on the basis of divine support, makes righteous efforts as expected by Dharma. That is how each of its agitation is successful and beneficial to the society at large.
Blessings of Saints - The campaigns and activities of the HJS have got overwhelming success and have proved to be very beneficial to the society, the reason being that they are backed by the blessings of Saints and divine energy of God.
In this policy, "us", "we" or "our" means the website (HinduJagruti.org) and the trust Hindu Janajagruti Samiti, a public trust registered in Bharat (India) which owns the said site
HinduJagruti.org also referred to in this document as ‘the Site’ is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its on-line users' personal information.
2. What information do we collect?
2.1 Personal Information
In general, the personal information we collect about you includes (but is not limited to) your name, contact details (including phone numbers and addresses) and your questions about various aspects of the information provided on the website and your comments.
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you through our website unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
The information we collect varies, depending on how you use our site.
This Policy applies to all information collected or submitted to the Site. On some pages, you can make requests to join email announcement lists, participate in events, register to receive materials from us, or receive other types of information. The types of personal information collected includes but is not limited to: name, year of birth, shipping address, billing address, e-mail address, password, phone number and other general information relating to your areas of interest on our website such as newletter preferences and questions.
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
2.2 Non-Confidential Information
We generally advise that you do not publish or communicate personal information, or at least limit the personal information that you publish or communicate, to the public via our services, such as our comments functionality (where you authorise the publication of the comment) and blogs herein after referred to as Non-Confidential Information.
You acknowledge that we cannot control any third party collection or use of your Non-Confidential Information. You accept that we may use and disclose Non-Confidential Information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
2.3 Non-personally-identifiable information
Through third party software, we also collect aggregate, non-personally-identifiable information on users by recording the IP address from the computers of visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you surf the Web. Web servers, or the computers that provide the web pages to your computer for you to view, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you use your computer to request to view a page from a server, that server logs your IP address. The site does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. Your visit to the Site will be logged; however, you will remain anonymous to us unless you choose to share information with us. We track the number of people that view each page of our website to better understand which features are most popular and best meet the needs of our visitors.
To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
3. Why do we collect information about you?
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with services you have requested.
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information. If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our services. For example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only.
4. How the site uses your personal information
Amongst other reasons for:
- Sending you our email alerts about Sanatan Prabhat and our affiliate’s events, new articles, newsletter if you have subscribed (opted-in) to them. The introduction/reminder of some new functionality or products and services with regards to the Site. The Site requires you to opt-in to any mailing list, i.e. you have to tick which mailing list you would like to subscribe to. We do not pre-tick your subscription to any mailing list and ask you to opt-out if you do not want to contact you in that regard.
- Responding to your questions and comments.
- We may contact you for a request to fill out a feedback survey etc. if you are an Sanatan Prabhat member. You may choose however not to participate or provide feedback.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on the site, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Site, the site may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
How long do we hold the information?
We will keep your information in our systems till we deem it necessary to purge it from our systems.
What is a cookie?: A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the Site to your interests.
How does the site use your cookies: Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. In our effort to provide you with services customised to your interests, we use "cookies" to assist in the collection of information. When you register, we use a cookie to store a unique, random user ID.
We and other third party providers that we commission, use this ID to identify you anonymously in our database and to track the pages you visit on our site. Tracking information such as cookies is also used to create aggregate reports on user demographics and Site traffic patterns. Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors.
5. When we disclose personal information to others
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. The Site’s mailing list, including the personal information we receive through the Internet is never sold or rented to any commercial organisations for profit.
We will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to do so.
- In case of comments provided by you, with your permission, the site may choose to publish the comments, if we feel that it would be of value to our readers. You may also choose how your name with regards to the comments is published, i.e., have your comment displayed along with just your nickname and country or your nickname and first name along with your country.
- We need to respond to valid legal process. This includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we believe we are required to provide information by law.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere, on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Site, the Site can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our users with affiliates or other third parties for better understanding of our website and visitor preferences.
6. How Do I Correct My Information or ‘Opt-Out’?
Please assist us in keeping your information current by notifying us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or email address.
- You may correct your personal information logging into your HJS Member Account on hindujagruti.org and clicking on ‘edit profile’.
- You may opt out of HJS mailing lists that you have subscribed for by simply un-checking the relevant box in ‘subscription status’ section in your HJS Member Account.
- In the event you elect not to receive any future contacts from HJS, we will endeavour to remove your name from all of our contact lists; however, information is sometimes difficult, if not impossible, to remove from all data sources.
7. How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
Other than in relation to Non-Confidential Information, we will endeavour at a physical, electronic and managerial level to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, pass word access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
7.1 With regards to hardware and software
The Site encrypts all passwords that enable you to interact with the Site. This includes the transmission, authentication and storage of passwords. This means that none of our staff can see your passwords.
We utilise encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction. This means we encrypt all of your personal information so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet or when it resides on our servers. Our database is protected from unauthorized access by a series of highly sophisticated software protection programs.The server is housed in sophisticated data-centre which has firewall facilities
7.2 With regards to managerial processes
7.2.1. Accessibility to your data: We are committed to the protection of your information. The access to your personal information is limited to those persons that are required to fulfil the requests for information, services or products.
7.2.2. Regular review: This policy may be updated from time to time so please check this statement periodically as it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of our latest policies.
Please note the following:
- You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we may disclose your personal information to). The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
- We cannot guarantee 100% security of any information that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk. At the time you register you will create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all uses of your password, whether or not authorised by you. You should not disclose your password to any other person. In order to protect the security of your account and personal information, when your visit is complete you should be sure to log off of our website and shut down your browser. If you have any reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you should promptly change your password in your profile.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring and maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and for any and all activities. If any unauthorized person obtains access to your HJS member account, you shall use your best efforts to ascertain the source and manner of acquisition and shall fully and promptly brief the Site. You also agree to cooperate and assist in any investigation relating to any such unauthorized access.
8. Linking to Other Websites
The Site may provide for the registration with groups on other websites via webforms, submit the minimum required information to any external website to provide a facility requested by you and also the Site may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties that are not under our control. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk. We provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
9. Effective Date and Modifications
10. Google Site Stats and Analytics
A. Google Site Stats
This site uses Google Site Stats to track clicks on Google Sponsored Links. We use
this to make sure the search terms we advertise on are relevant.
About Google Site Stats
B. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided
by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which
files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how
users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about
your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted
to and stored by Google on servers in the United States . Google
will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use
of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website
operators and providing other services relating to website activity
and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to
third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third
parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will
not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
settings on your browser, however please note that if you do this
you may not be able to
use the full functionality of this website. By using this website,
you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the
for the purposes set out above.
11. Contacting Us
If you have any questions please 'contact us